Saturday, July 17, 2010

Good morning!

It was a good morning today. I think the donut fairy came by to visit. I woke up hearing the thumps and stomps of children heading up and down the stairs. At the foot of my bed was a plate of 4 little donuts. I did not hear any steps in my room, they must have tip-toed. My honey and I take turns, let's say it's an unspoken expectation, of allowing the other to sleep in. (As much as one could sleep in with barking neighbor dogs and children playing LOUDLY). They try to HUSH each other as loud as can be. "SHHH DON"T YOU KNOW DAD IS SLEEPING". Well, I'm sure he's awake now. haha. So I pull myself from the blankets and stumble downstairs with my plate of breakfast and two smiling six year olds at the table munching away. It's one of life's great pleasures to see the kindness you teach reflected into the children you raise. Mommy gets breakfast in bed today. I hope you have a great morning too...

No comments: